A Community Garden is a group of people coming together to nurture, develop, and sustain a growing space in their community. This type of garden reflects the area it serves; engaging, educating, building and strengthening community in a significant way. There are over 90 community garden sites now operating throughout the Capital region promoting local, organically grown food; healthy and active lifestyles; and safer, more vibrant and connected communities.
We provide over $30,000 in grants annually to Community Gardens within the City of Edmonton limits. Whether you are just starting a new garden, looking to expand, renovate, or renew an existing community garden we can can help with funding, resources and support. To learn more or to get the grant process started please contact Junetta Jamerson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Vision: A community garden in every neighbourhood.
Community Garden Program Purpose:
- We provide support, assistance, and encouragement through the process of starting community gardens;
- We connect to, and with, existing community gardens; and
- We respond to emerging needs of all community gardens and gardeners.
Community Garden Program Guiding Principles:
- Community gardens are community owned, operated, and maintained.
- Community gardens are stronger when connected to each other.
- Community groups that are empowered develop and maintain sustainable and resilient gardens.
- Community gardens are richer and more rewarding when they reflect the diversity of the community.
- Community gardens play an important role in demonstrating environmental stewardship.
Grant Guideline, Forms and Budget Template:
- Grant Application Guidelines
- New Community Garden Grant Application
- Community Garden Expansion or Renovation Grant
- Community Garden Emergency or Pilot Project Grant
- Community Garden Budget Template
Application forms updated April 18, 2017
Community Garden Facilitator
For more information on individual garden locations click their name in the garden list or their location on the map:
Alberta Avenue Community League
Alberta Parenting for the Future
Beverly Alliance Church
City Plant-a-Row Grow-a-Row
Garrison Horticultural Club
Green & Gold
Grow Forward Grovenor
Holy Spirit Lutheran Church
Idylwylde, Cheery Tomato
Inglewood, Blue Gecko Garden
King’s University College
Morinville Centennial Site A
Morinville Centennial Site B
Oasis at the Bay
Oliver Peace Garden Park
Our Urban Eden
St. Albert Parish Heritage Garden
Touchmark at Wedgewood
Trinity Lutheran Church
Victory Rooftop Garden