The West End Food Hub Alliance (WEFHA) is looking for two energetic, passionate individuals with neighbourhood-based organizing experience in diverse communities. This will be an exciting opportunity for applicants who are dedicated to food-related activism and are interested in working to develop and ‘grow’ community food initiatives at the neighbourhood level. Both positions are 16 hours per week and involve a combination of day, evening, and weekend work.
Position 1: Growing and Cooking Animator
- Build on the current Yard Share Program and create opportunities for new workshops to teach community members about growing their own food
- Create an apprenticeship or internship training project related to growing food.
- Establish composting sites within alliance boundaries.
- Host an intergenerational activity with children, youth, and adults centered on food.
- Host at least two cooking classes using food gleaned from stores, gardens, trees and bushes in the neighbourhood.
Position 2: Distribution Animator
- Collaborating with community groups in coordinating community food initiatives in the areas of distribution and access of healthy, culturally appropriate food.
- Develop and implement a pilot project (Community Food Store).
For more information about the position and to see the full job descriptions please visit: www.jpwc.ca Email your resume and cover letter to Henry Motta at email@example.com before Friday October 9, 2015 at 5 pm. On your email, please include the position you are applying for in the subject line. We will begin reviewing resumes on October 9th, but the position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.